import keys from PGP 8.03

stefan stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Sat Jan 15 19:24:04 CET 2005

Hello List,

I'am trying to get the gnupg running on ubuntu Linux. I want to use
Evolution as mail client.

 I have a PGP key that I had imported from PGP 8.03 to gnupg. And I
can't encrypt or sign I got the message that the secure key is missing
but when I have a look with "gpg --list-keys"  all seems to be okay.
What is wrong??

I tried gpa , but the gui comes up with the question if I want to create
a key or not and then the gui stand complitily still.

It seems that my imported key is not the default key. But I set it over
the bash "gpg --default-key name" but here I get the possibility to
write text. I can't see that my selected key is default.

I want to use ubuntu as my desktop environment, it's made for this and I
test it now. And it's important to me to get a running encrytion.

Please, can someone help me with this issues??

tia
stefan