auto sign files

Mark Ivs markivs2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 19:28:28 CET 2005

David and Jim, Thank you very much for the response.

For automated signing to work, I followed the
instruction in
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/faqs.html#q4.14

I followed the steps in the instructions and when I
try the following command,
gpg --recipient "XXX" --output $rootpath\\$filepgp
--batch --encrypt --sign $rootpath\\encrypted\\$file

I get the following error:
gpg: secret key parts are not available
gpg: no default secret key: general error
gpg: MYFILE-2004.pdf: sign+encrypt failed: general
error

Here's what I did to configure...
1. Let's say my pub key id is AAA. To Create sub key,
I typed:
gpg --edit-key AAA
addkey > DSA type
3. Let's say the sub-key I created has keyid 999
2. Listed keys: gpg --list-keys. It shows 1 pub and 2
subs keys
gpg --export-secret-subkeys --no-comment 999
>secring.auto
3. Exported the sub-key by using the command:
gpg --export-secret-subkeys --no-comment 999
>secring.auto
3. Copied secring.auto, pubring.gpg and pgp.exe to a
C:\TEMP dir.
4. Renamed secring.auto it to secring.gpg
5. gpg --homedir . --edit 999
6. command> passwd. It prompted for passpharase and I
entered it. Then it propmted for new passphrase. I
simply hit enter key without typing anything. Did it
again when asked for confirmation.
7. I didn't delete the other sub-key.
8. Install secring.gpg as the secret keyring by typing

gpg --allow-secret-key-import -import
C:\TEMP\secring.gpg

Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong.
Thank you sooo much in advance!

-M