Web of trust in Southwest Ohio, USA

Adam Cripps kabads at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 09:21:17 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:58:28 -0500, Jason Barnett
<jason.barnett at telesuite.com> wrote:
> Jason Barnett wrote:
<snip>
> After I wrote this I thought of one other question.  I submitted my
> first public key to several keyservers (you can find it by going to
> http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x74D2856A).
>   As I understand it one person will often use multiple private keys
> (perhaps one for personal, one for work, one for when you get fired and
> start working somewhere else).
>
> - Should I create a personal key and use that as my "primary" private
> key... and then assign other keys as "secondary" keys as needed?
>
> I'm asking this mostly from a management perspective.  I understand how
> to do what I'm asking, I'm just asking if my line of thinking is correct
> or if I should be managing my keys in some other way.  Thanks again!

I currently have one keypair and I use this on two machines - my
secure personal machine, owned by me, and a laptop owned by my
employer. When I use my key on my employer's machine,  I store my
private key on my usb storage device.

Adam

--
http://www.monkeez.org