Pb with my passphrase

Sergi Blanch i Torné sbt at megacceso.com
Tue Jan 25 16:49:56 CET 2005

El dg 23 de 01 del 2005 a les 16:49 +0100, en/na CHALONS Bruno va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I installed OpenPGP on my computer but i don't remenber my passphrase,
> what can I do ?

Your passphrase is the last bastion of your key. Your secret key are
protected with this string. If you forget it, you are in the same
situation that an eavesdroper.

> Redo a new KeyID et how to revoke the last one ?

Without your secret key, or access to it, you cannot revoke it. I always
advise to generate a generic revoke cert, and save it (like in paper);
but normally i will forget where i save it.

You nonsingle you have lose your access to the secret, you lose access
to all the messeges encrypted for you with this key.

> Thanks

/Sergi.