OpenPGP card and GnuPG with Fedora Core 4

Thomas Hühn huehn-ml at arcor.de
Fri Jul 1 19:06:02 CEST 2005

Hi

I've installed FC4 on a "test machine" to see whether everything that
I'd like to have works with FC4.

The smartcard does not, so far. :-(

I have installed the libpcsclite-Package and the cm2020-module-Package
from rpm.livna.org, symlinked /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so.0 to
/usr/lib/pcsclite.so (that seemed to solve my first problem) and tried
gpg --card-status and other card-related commands.

Result:

| gpg: pcsc_connect failed: unknown reader (0x80100009)
| gpg: card reader not available
| *** glibc detected *** gpg: corrupted double-linked list: 0x0023c8b8 ***

and then a backtrace, that I only have on my other computer, not
available here right now. If there's need for it, I can provide it later.

pcscd correctly recognizes insertion and removal of the card (and the
reader, of course).

And if I set $MALLOC_CHECK_ (documented in
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/release-notes/as-x86/)
to "0", the glibc-line and the backtrace disappear.

Any ideas why pcscd finds my reader, but gnupg does not?

Thomas