Windows artefacts

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 23:11:50 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 9:54 pm, mus1876 at gmx.info wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using GnuPG 1.4.1 on WinXP Service Pack 2. Whenever I --clearsign a
> text message containing some kind of list, dash characters get duplicated.
> Is that a feature or bug? See yourself ...

Nothing wrong at this end.
- just one
-- that's two
- - two with a space.
----------- 12 together

something and a dash - then something else.

> - A dash followed by a space character at the beginning of the line as it
> is commonly used in enumerations produces an extra dash.

As you can see from the quoted output, the dash is NOT duplicated.

> -Second test with a dash and no whitespace in between yields the same
> result.

Only a single dash exists.

> -	Third test with a dash and a tab character has the same effect.

Nope.

>  - Fourth test with a space character followed by a dash character.

Just the one -.

> 	- Fith test with a tab character followed by a dash character.

Same.

> Lastly a dash anywhere inside the text like this one - isn't duplicated.

None of them were. This appears to be an artefact at your end.

> gpgkeys: key 17AE1D392DFFFC2C not found on keyserver
BTW. Please send your key 0x2DFFFC2C to subkeys.pgp.net so that people can
verify your signature.

--

Neil Williams