Revoking Keys

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 17:49:33 CEST 2005

On Sunday 10 July 2005 4:29 pm, Graham wrote:
> On Sunday 10 Jul 2005 14:54, David Shaw wrote:
> > I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you do and don't have left
> > from your crash.  Do you have the secret keys for the keys you want
> > to revoke or not?
> >
> > David
>
> No, that's just the point.  I have the revocation certificates, I can
> get the public keys from keyservers

That's all you need. Import the public keys from keyservers into your local
keyring. Import the revocation certificate into the local keyring. Send the
now revoked key to the keyservers.

The point of a revocation certificate is that you don't need the secret key to
revoke the key - that's why the certificate must be kept SAFE!

--

Neil Williams