Direct LDAP access

Wes wespvp at syntegra.com
Wed Jul 13 03:31:15 CEST 2005

On 7/12/05 5:23 PM, "David Shaw" <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> wrote:

> A very easy way to do this is to write your code to "import" the key
> from the LDAP server into a brand new empty keyring, and then delete
> it afterwards.

Hmm...  That seems a bit kludgy, but certainly something to consider.  I
assume it would require two gpg commands - one to retrieve/import the key
and one to do the encryption?

I don't think this would help with accessing private keys, though?

> The current LDAP code can specify the base.  Use something like
>   keyserver-options basedn=whatever-you-like

I didn't see that in the keyserver options.  I'll try it out.

Thanks

Wes