same key: pgp 2.6 version and gpg version: keyserver

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Jul 21 19:21:13 CEST 2005

    David> On Thu, Jul  21, 2005 at  04:18:00PM +0000, Uwe Brauer
    David> wrote: There is only one version of the key whether it
    David>  is in  PGP  or GPG.  Go ahead  and  submit it to  any
    David> keyserver you like.

    David> David

I am confused.  From what I read pgp 2.6 and gpg are not compatible,
see
<http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/pgp2x.html> [1]
I cannot as a gpg user use the pgp public key in order to send a
message.
Do you agree?

So if there are then "two versions" of the same key, which is to submit?

[1] as a matter of fact I  had to erase the  password for the pgp
    key before importing, because otherwise it did not work, that
    is I could not use my imported pgp key withing gpg.