Getting Started...

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Mon Jul 25 05:06:50 CEST 2005

From: "Adam Cripps" <kabads at gmail.com>
> On 7/22/05, Michael Nguyen <michaeln at twentyten.org> wrote:

[snip]

> Just out of interest, why do you want to write a plugin for Postfix -
> what is the end result? What functionality do you want to add to
> Postfix?

Eh...something very custom for our customer base.  It wouldn't be useful to
anyone else.  Basically, what I'm going to do is allow a PGP option for our
users.  We'll have a bunch of key generation and storage stuff, but the part
I'm going to write is this:

 - Email comes in for user
 - If user is set to have "PGP enabled", check to see if the email is
encrypted
 - If encrypted, check the user's key rings and decrypt it
 - Write this new decrypted buffer to the maildir

That's really rough, but I hope you see what I'm getting at.  I intend to do
the same thing for outgoing mail.

Michael