libcrypt and RC2 revisited

Sven Fischer fischer at deutaeit.de
Tue Jul 26 16:35:58 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have again the "I can't decode Outlook s/MIME mails" problem, 'cause I
receive mails from Outlook users that are obviously encrypted with 40bit
RC-2.

Just for my interest: In libgcrypt's rfc2268.c the RC2 algorithm is
implemented. But the ID for the RC2 the Outlook mails are sent is commented
out. Well, this seems to have a reason, since uncommenting and recompiling
libgcrypt 1.2.1 let gpgsm try to decrypt the mail, but without success (it
says no data). Where is the problem with this? Can I help in any way to
decode the Outlook mails?

Best regards,

Beste Grüße,
Sven Fischer

--
Sven Fischer -- DEUTA-Werke GmbH, Abteilung ED
  Dipl.-Phys.   Paffrather Str. 140, 51465 Bergisch Gladbach, Germany