Set date for signature to expire

Oskar L. oskar at rbgi.net
Sun Jun 5 09:21:51 CEST 2005

"Per Tunedal Casual" <pt at radvis.nu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to sign keys with signatures having a limited life time. Can I set
> an expiration date when I sign a key?
>
> I often get a question if I want my signature to expire when the key
> expires, so far so good. I want to set a date of my own will.

Hi,

May I ask why you, or anyone, would want to do this? If I get a public key
with a signature from someone who's key I have verified and who I trust to
check keys properly, then why should it matter to me if that signature has
expired or not? It still means the same thing; that the person who signed
it has verified the key she/he signed.

Oskar