Set date for signature to expire

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 6 15:58:34 CEST 2005

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 21:46:12 -0400, Anonymous  said:

> Well if I know that the person is lazy, and keeps the key on an
> unsecure computer and it is likely that within one year the key will
> be compromized, I would sign with a one year expiration date. Basicly

Your are mixing up two things: The statement that you checked the
owneership of the key at a certain date and how far you trust the
owner of the key to implement decent keymanagment abilities.  The
latter is what ownertrust is about and for a reason OpenPGP does not
define any semantics for it; i.e. there are no explicit rules for a
PKI and every user/group may make up their own rules.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner