Corrupt keys

Jason Harris jharris at widomaker.com
Tue Jun 21 19:38:47 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:04:38AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 9:48 am, Alphax wrote:

> > Fortunately, I have a "clean" copy of this key

> as does subkeys.pgp.net - it was retrieved automatically and without spurious
> signatures or errors.

Neil, you must have hit keyserver.kjsl.com; the rest of the servers
in subkeys.pgp.net are SKS (1.0.9) and don't (yet) filter these bogus
packets.

> > Actually, I'd be
> > interested to hear who has a non-corrupt copy of this key, and how many
> > sigs are on it (please make public, so we can all share it!).

After retrieving it from keyserver.kjsl.com to an empty keyring:

  %gpg --check-sigs CA57AD7C
  pub   2048R/CA57AD7C 2004-12-06
  uid                  PGP Global Directory Verification Key
  sig!         CA57AD7C 2005-04-04  PGP Global Directory Verification Key
  sig!         CA57AD7C 2004-12-06  PGP Global Directory Verification Key

  458 signatures not checked due to missing keys

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris at widomaker.com _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/