UTF-8 support

Alain Bench messtic at oreka.com
Fri Jun 24 17:52:07 CEST 2005

    [copy to libiconv author]

Hello,

 On Saturday, May 21, 2005 at 9:21:01 AM +0200, mus1876 at gmx.info wrote:

> when setting utf-8 for cmd.exe, gpg switches back to its default
> character set. In cmd.exe I do the follwoing to change the codepage:
> [chcp 65001] Active Codepage: 65001.
> gpg: conversion from `utf-8' to `CP65001' not available
> gpg: using character set `iso-8859-1'

    The name mapping between 65001 local CP and UTF-8 standard name is
lacking both in GnuPG util/strgutil.c, and in libiconv-1.9.2
libcharset/lib/localcharset.c. This lack should be easy to correct.

    In the meantime you can use the gpg --charset=utf-8 option when used
on a CP-65001 terminal.

Bye!	Alain.
--
How to Report Bugs Effectively