group options

Thomas Jones admin at buddhalinux.org
Thu Mar 3 20:24:29 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 12:43 pm, DBSMITH at OhioHealth.com wrote:
<snip>

> Yes, there is a --group command.  Stick in your gpg.conf file:
>
> group name_you_want_to_use = keyid1 keyid2 keyid3 keyid4
>
> David
>

> I tried this and the error I am getting is:
>
> gpg: no = sign found in group definition "HlthStream"
>

> my conf file is
>
> group HlthStream = keyid1 keyid2
> no-tty
> no-secmem-warning
> no-mdc-warning
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thank you,
>
> Derek B. Smith
> OhioHealth IT
> UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams
> 614-566-4145
<snip>
GPG seems to be reading your group value(s) not as expected.

Referencing the source file g10.c:
<snip>
name=strsep(&string,"=");
  if(string==NULL)
    {
      log_error(_("no = sign found in group definition \"%s\"\n"),name);
      return;
    }
</snip>

The strsep function is attempting to access the token(value) in the &string
variable. The first token is separated from the group name via the equals
sign.

Try to concatenate the name declaration, separation character(=), and value
list. I've never tried, but you may need to quote the arguments(group value
list) to keep it from being expanded unexpectedly in the configuration file.
I know that passing the group command to bash requires quotes on my system.

See if that has a desired effect.
Thomas