bzip2 cross-compiling problem

Maxine Brandt torduninja at mail.pf
Sat Mar 5 19:38:52 CET 2005

Tenui wrote:

> Maxine Brandt wrote:
>
> > An alternative to Werner's suggestion which avoids rebuilding bzip2 is to
> > use the bzip2-1.0.2-3-bin.zip and bzip2-1.0.2-3-lib.zip files that you used
> > for MinGW on Windows. Decompress them in the
> > /usr/i586-mingw32msvc folder, then run autogen.sh
> >
> > This will give you bzip2 capability via a bzip2.dll as in a native Windows
> > build.
>
> Thanks Maxine. That seems simple, but I would really like to include the
> bzip2 capabaility in gpg.exe, as in the official installer version for Windows.

Well you can have it both ways if you download this file:
http://www.chez.com/winterminator/compil/bzip2.zip

It contains the two files that Werner mentioned.
Put libbz2.a in the lib folder and bzlib.h in include. You'll have to change a
line in bzlib.h

- #if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__MINGW32__)
+ #if defined(_WIN32) && 0
  #   include <windows.h>
  #   ifdef small

Then to include bzip2 capability in gpg.exe, in configure add the line

  ## M4sh Initialization.  ##
+ LDFLAGS='-static'

If you leave out this change to configure, gpg builds with bzip2 capability
via the bzip2.dll.

Salut

Maxine

--