Preventing temporary files?

Ilkka Huotari ilkkah at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 01:20:21 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm running Gnupg in an automated environment, from PHP, with
proc_open(), which allows to open pipes, which in turn can be used to
write input and read output. So it seems quite secure, no cleartext or
passphrases in any temporary files.

However, Gnupg still wants to use temporary files in some internal
operations. I would not want to have even write access in the
directory (--homedir), since that's another thing to worry about, and
another step for the user to take care of.

Is there any way to prevent gnupg from making or requiring these
temporary files? I suppose it should be technically possible to do the
encrytion without them?

Thank you,
Ilkka Huotari