keyserver

Jason Harris jharris at widomaker.com
Thu Mar 10 19:05:00 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 08:17:54AM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:13:55PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:

> horowitz.surfnet.nl is not the "OpenLDAP sort" of keyserver.  It's one
> of the old NAI keyservers.  They're sort of LDAP on the front end, but
> not really.  I'm not even sure this is still sold as a product,
> actually.  pgp.com runs two keyservers: one NAI and one OpenLDAP.
> Bottom line is, they're not the same thing.

OK.

> > > Your best bet is to subscribe to the pgp-keyserver-folk list at:

> > That one's still broken.  See my first reply for the backup list URL.
> > (Don't worry, Thomas just posted the wrong URL too.  :)
>
> This is silly.  If the lists.alt.org version of the list is broken, is
> there a reason why not to fix it?  And if it isn't going to be fixed,
> why not just make a new list (or promote the backup) and be done with
> it rather than have two lists, neither being the One True List?

Drew is MIA.  I've done all that I am currently willing to do by
inviting the entire membership of the first list to subscribe to
the second list - once, and only once, in the beginning of 2005-01.

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris at widomaker.com _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/