ASCII Armored example from rfc2440bis-12

Plan9 plan9z at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 14 17:24:22 CET 2005

Given the following example of an ASCII Armored Message in section 6.6
of rfc2440bis-12: (Note I removed the leading two blanks from each line)

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: OpenPrivacy 0.99
yDgBO22WxBHv7O8X7O/jygAEzol56iUKiXmV+XmpCtmpqQUKiQrFqclFqUDBovzS
vBSFjNSiVHsuAA==
=njUN
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

When I try to decrypt using gpg, C:\GnuPG>gpg --decrypt x.txt, I get
the following error:
gpg: invalid armor header:
yDgBO22WxBHv7O8X7O/jygAEzol56iUKiXmV+XmpCtmpqQUKiQrFq
clFqUDBovzS

However PGP 8.1 decrypts it with no problems.

If I edit the example and place a blank line after the Version: line
then pgp will also decrypt it.  PGP 8.1 has no problems with either form.

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: OpenPrivacy 0.99

yDgBO22WxBHv7O8X7O/jygAEzol56iUKiXmV+XmpCtmpqQUKiQrFqclFqUDBovzS
vBSFjNSiVHsuAA==
=njUN
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Do I have something set up incorrectly or is this an anomaly of GPG vs
PGP?

--
Regards,
 Plan9       mailto:plan9z at bellsouth.net