Decryption via UNIX shell script

Thomas Jones admin at buddhalinux.org
Tue Mar 15 19:40:07 CET 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 04:35 pm, kraymer at kraymer.com wrote:
> I am writing a shell script to automatically decrypt an encrypted file
> using GPG.  How do I send the passphrase to the executable (GPG).  I want
> no human intervention on this.  I'm calling the shell script from a batch
> file to decrypt the file.
>
> Anyone have a UNIX shell script (Korn Shell) that does this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kelly Raymer
I use one file readable only by root for all local scripts. And run the
script's in a jail or sandbox. I would also mention that you need to be sure
not to export the variable into the user's environment. Be sure to keep the
scope of the password(s) contained within the script's execution processes
themselves.