How to create self-decrypting executable?

Rusty Shackleford rs at natchie.mine.nu
Thu Mar 17 22:09:41 CET 2005

My office uses PGP to create self-extracting executable files.

I found the -c option for GPG which encrypts with a symmetric key, but
this doesn't seem to do the next step of making the encrypted data an
executable program that prompts for a password.

Is this feature possible with GPG?  I'm trying to automate lots of
processes and the less highlighting and right-clicking I have to do in
Windows Explorer, the better.

TIA

PS: I've already bored everyone I work with by explaining how symmetric
key encryption ain't all that secure, but switching to a key-based
system is not possible in the short run.

--
Give and take free stuff: http://freecycle.org