[Announce] GnuPG 1.4.1 released

Carlo Luciano Bianco clbianco at tiscalinet.it
Fri Mar 18 18:09:11 CET 2005

Il /18 mar 2005/, *David Shaw* ha scritto:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 01:48:46PM +0100, Carlo Luciano Bianco wrote:
>> Il /15 mar 2005/, *Werner Koch* ha scritto:
>>
>> > We are pleased to announce the availability of a new stable GnuPG
>> > release: Version 1.4.1
>>
>> Thanks, Werner. It builds fine with MinGW/MSYS, even using the new
>> libcurl code.
>>
>> I have just updated my page accordingly.
>
> With libcurl as well?  Excellent.

Yes, David, with libcurl as well. I used the ready-to-run libcurl mingw
library described on my page. The resulting gpgkeys_curl.exe depends on
libcurl.dll, so I think it is actually using it...

> There were some problems building
> that on MinGW in the release candidate and I'm glad to see the fix
> worked.

I seems so, but be careful. When I say "it build fine" I mean exactly this
and not more than this: the exe files are produced by GCC without errors. I
have not yet tested them extensively.

Beside doing a "make check" (25 passed over 25), I have only tested GnuPG
1.4.1 with one day of regular use without finding any problem. However, there
are many features I had not tested yet *including* keyserver support, i.e.
*including* curl.

So, I cannot be sure that the gpgkeys_curl.exe I have compiled is actually
working right. I saw your post on gpg-devel about testing curl code and I
hope to have time to make some tests in the week-end...

--
| Carlo Luciano Bianco | ICQ UIN: 109517158                              |
|______________________| Home page: <http://clbianco.altervista.org/>    |