Changing Home Directory of GPG - Was

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 23:47:29 CET 2005

Servie Platon wrote:
> Hi Mr. Clizbe,
>
> --- John Clizbe <JPClizbe at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much for the help.
>

>> 	cd C:\GnuPG
>> 	copy *.gpg "%APPDATA%\GnuPG" (Up to this step)
>> 	copy gpg.conf "%APPDATA%\GnuPG"
> (Error here, it appears that gpg.conf is not present)
>> 	exit

If there is no gpg.conf file in your old home directory, C:\GnuPG, it
could be under the old name 'options' or somethinf similar.

It not, there are instructions on the Enigmail GnuG for Windows users page
(http://enigmail.mozdev.org/gpgconf.html).

> C:\Documents and Settings\servie>gpg --version
> gpg: error loading `iconv.dll': The specified module
> could not be found.

Run the installer again and iconv.dll will be restored. or download it
fron the GnuPG.org ftp site

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/libiconv-1.9.1.dll.zip     (644k)
 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/libiconv-1.9.1.dll.zip.sig

> Home: C:/Documents and Settings/servie/Application
> Data/GnuPG (Seems fine here except for the iconv.dll
> problem which I deleted before). Should I reconstruct
> again the iconv.dll file and restore all the entries
> as stated in the gpg.conf file?

See above regarding iconv.dll. A starter gpg.conf would be:

default-key 0xDecafBAD		<--- replace with YOUR key ID
default-recipient-self
keyserver random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve include-subkeys include-revoked
no-secmem-warning

> Again, thank you very much.

You're most welcome.

- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10
"what's the key to success?"        / "two words: good decisions."
"what's the key to good decisions?" /  "one word: experience."
"how do i get experience?"          / "two words: bad decisions."

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"