Multiple Subkeys/UIDs

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Mar 21 20:40:23 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 01:28:30PM -0600, Grimes, Dean wrote:

> Is this possible to do with GnuPG? It wise to do something like this? Is
> there anyone else besides me who has this situation or one similar? If so,
> how did you/they solve the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There seem to be a few ways to accomplish what you want to do here.
Can I get a little more information before I comment?  You mention
that all data enters the central location encrypted, but is then
decrypted ("for processing") and then re-encrypted.  Do I understand
that correctly?

Also: once a file is archived, is it still writable?  That is, is it
permissible to go back and edit this file to remove a particular key
from it?

David