Libcurl (was Re: [Announce] GnuPG 1.4.1 released)

Carlo Luciano Bianco clbianco at tiscalinet.it
Tue Mar 22 10:16:19 CET 2005

Il /22 mar 2005/, *David Shaw* ha scritto:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:18:03AM +0100, Carlo Luciano Bianco wrote:

> Interesting.  Some difference between POSIX style $PATH and W32 style
> %PATH% maybe?  Now that I think about it, GPG on MinGW is going to end
> up appending ':c:\\programmi\gnupg" to your PATH.  That may well
> result in a problem since W32 wants ';c:\\programmi\gnupg' (with a
> leading semicolon).

This can be a problem, yes, but it would affect only the last two folders of
the path (the ones with ":" instead of ";"). Are you sure the gnupg path is
not added as the first one followed by ":"?

Can the presence of "spaces" in the path (e.g. "C:\Programmi\File comuni") be
a problem, also?

> The odd thing is the code has been this way for years (literally since
> 2002!) and I don't recall this exact problem popping up before.  Also,
> there are other current MinGW builds that do work properly, so I
> suspect there is still something not understood here.

Well... I agree, but to experience this problem you need two very uncommon
things:

1) You must have dll-linked gnupg executables, which is very uncommon (the
official MinGW build is statically linked).

2) You must have the dlls not in the gnupg folder but in a different one.

> Still, for curiosity's sake, try this patch to g10/exec.c:

Thanks! I'll try when I rebuild with "-g" and I'll let you know.

>> > Can you try running gpgkeys_curl.exe under gdb?
>>
>> Yes, I can. I think it is better I rebuild it with "-g" and without
>> optimizations, right? I'll do it tomorrow as soon as I can.
>
> Yes, with -g and no -O.  Thanks!

OK, I hope to have some time this afternoon...

--
| Carlo Luciano Bianco | ICQ UIN: 109517158                              |
|______________________| Home page: <http://clbianco.altervista.org/>    |