signature level

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 22 12:06:30 CET 2005

David Shaw wrote:

>By default, GnuPG does not prompt you for a signature level.  If you
>want to be prompted, use '--ask-cert-level'.

And the default, without specifying and without the option
--default-cert-level, is 0?

>If you want to specify, but not be prompted each time, use
>'--default-cert-level n' where n is 0, 1, 2 or 3.  The default is 0.
>
>GnuPG can be configured to ignore certain signature levels.  Use
>'--min-cert-level' to set the minimum level you want to accept.  The
>default is 2.

Does that mean that gnupg in the default setup will ignore all signatures
made with the default setup? From the code (keyedit.c line 872 and further)
I understand that it will generate 0x10 sigs in the default setup.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html