Libcurl (was Re: [Announce] GnuPG 1.4.1 released)

Carlo Luciano Bianco clbianco at tiscalinet.it
Tue Mar 22 18:50:20 CET 2005

Il /22 mar 2005/, *David Shaw* ha scritto:

[...]
> The strdup segfault is happening due to a call from inside libcurl
> itself.  That doesn't necessarily mean a bug in curl, though.  What
> version of curl are you using here?

The last one available for MinGW: 7.13.0

> Also, can you try and rebuild libcurl with -g and no optimization?
> Maybe we can get a better stacktrace.

I did a quite different test. I downloaded the pre-compiled libcurl binary
for MSVC, which is the last version (7.13.1). Then I simply replaced the
libcurl.dll with this new version and it works perfectly!

So, it was a problem of the MinGW build of the dll, maybe because it is an
old version.

The gpgkeys_curl.exe so obtained has been compiled with the *.h files of
mingw-libcurl 7.13.0 and linked against the .a library of mingw-libcurl
7.13.0, but uses MSVC version 7.13.1 of "libcurl.dll" and works perfectly.

I will update as soon as possible my page about this problem.

Is this of libcurl 7.13.0 a known problem? Or maybe is just a problem of that
particular build? If you think it is important, I can try to rebuild with
MinGW both libcurl 7.13.0 and libcurl 7.13.1 to debug them...

--
| Carlo Luciano Bianco | ICQ UIN: 109517158                              |
|______________________| Home page: <http://clbianco.altervista.org/>    |