1.4.0a won't retrieve key from keyserver?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Mar 22 22:12:00 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:57:07AM -0500, Jason Markley wrote:
> Taking out the --openpgp in the gpg.conf file seems to have worked for
> the hkp keyserver type.  What am I losing by taking that option out of
> the gpgconf file?  I don't want to break something else while 'fixing'
> this.  Attached are the temp files from this last successful search/import.

Despite the name, you usually don't want to run with --openpgp set.
--openpgp uses a fairly strict interpretation of RFC-2440, the OpenPGP
standard, and the real world is a little more loose than that.

The default setting is --gnupg, and that is the recommended way to
run.

That said, keyserver imports on W32 should work with --openpgp set as
well.  I will fix that.

David