could not check signature

Henk de Bruijn henkdebruijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu Mar 24 03:54:08 CET 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:33:18 -0500GMT (24-3-2005, 3:33 +0100, where I
live), David Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:21:08AM +0100, Henk de Bruijn wrote:

>> Sorry for not telling relevant information. As you can see in my
>> signature I am using The Bat! Further I use GnuPG 1.4.1 with GPGShell
>> 3.40rc2.
>> In GPGshell under Preferences GnuPG, on the second tab I changed the
>> digest algo from default to RIPEMD160.
>> After having kept this change, the gpg.conf has a line:
>> digest-algo RIPEMD160
>>
>> When I now send messages signed inlined, these messages verify ok but
>> when I send a message like this one, signed PGP/MIME, I get this error
>> message.

> You get the error when you *send* a message, or when you *verify* a
> message?

Not while sending, but when I verify a message.

> What happens if you remove the 'digest-algo RIPEMD160' line from
> gpg.conf?

If I do that and save the new gpg.conf the second tab shows digest
algo default.

> I see also that you are using The Bat! v3.0.9.9.  That version is a
> pre-beta that came out yesterday.  You're not the first person who is
> reporting this error with The Bat! so I'm wondering if the Bat folks
> changed something internally.

We are talking about this possibility in tbbeta too.

But what I find strange is that when I change within
The Bat! from GnuPG to PGP, these messages verify ok.

--
Henk
The Bat!™ Natural Email System v3.0.9.9 Professional on Windows XP SP2