Shouldn't keyservers store and provide subkeys?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 24 18:34:58 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:04:52 GMT, Adam Funk said:

> one at home).  Then I tried to update each machine to have the new
> public subkeys (using pgp.mit.edu):

That keyserver as well as all other servers running the old HKS
software are broken.  YOu should move away from that keyserver and use
an SKS one (e.g. random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de) or at least those at
subkeys.pgp.net.

BTW, to avoid answering these questions over and over, should we just
setup working keyservers under the gnupg.net domain?  It seems the old
and broken pgp.net servers will never vanish.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner