Encrypting when secret keyring is not available

D. Borkovic dborkov at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 00:23:52 CET 2005

Hi,

I prefer to keep my secret keyring in a flash memory stick.
The public keyring is always on my disk.

Sometimes I want to encrypt a message when my memory stick is
not available. The public keyring is available. However, Gnupg
will NOT encrypt a message when a secret keyring is not available.

I know I can have an empty file on the disk be my substitute
secret keyring, but then I have to change the "secret-keyring"
entry in my gpg.conf file every time I insert or remove my
memory stick.

Does anyone know a better solution for this problem?

Thanks,
D. Borkovic