(Import-)Problem in gnupg 1.4.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 30 18:13:14 CEST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:04:17 +0100, Thomas Marx said:

> every key is listed twice. The difference is the usage of the slash and
> the back slash.

I just checked it and the reason for the duplicate listing is that we
use a caseinsensitive compare but care about slash and backslash.  In
this regard the files are different and both get listed.  I hesitate
to change the comparison due to possible side effects.

You have specified the keyrings at two different places or simply
added the default keyring a second time in the gpg.conf.  Please make
sure to consistently use slashes or backslashes.  Compare gpg.conf
against the Registry setting HKCU\Software\GNU\GnuPG:HomeDir - I guess
that the Registry entry used forward slashes for historic reasons.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner