How to change trust model

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue May 10 23:58:11 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:52:19PM +0200, Per Tunedal Casual wrote:

> gpg --trust-model PGP --check-trustdb

This is the "new" PGP trust model from PGP 5 and later.

> gpg --trust-model classic --check-trustdb

This is the standard old trust model from PGP 2.x and GnuPG 1.2.x.

For most people, they will not see a difference between these two.
Only if you are issuing trust signatures (tsign) will a difference
show up.

> gpg --trust-model direct --check-trustdb

This is a no-trust model, where you set each key trust individually,
and there are no calulations necessary.

> I don't see the difference between them. I am interested in the
> implications for the validity of keys. How can I make the best use of
> a signature from a CA?

I can't answer that question in those terms.  I don't know what you
want to do, who the CA is, how the CA signs...

David