[PGP-USERS] PGP Desktop Home - Cost of upgrade

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed May 11 15:21:03 CEST 2005

Charly Avital wrote:

>I bought a perpetual Enterprise license for PGP 8.x, but I understand
>and agree that the upgrade to PGP 9.x could not, and should not be for
>free.

Isn't the source of pgp 9 available? Can't you compile your own version with
the limitations stripped out? If source isn't available for this version I
wouldn't use it anyway.

>Someone suggested $ 19.00 or 29.00. Reasonable. I would even agree to $
>35.95.

Why not $40? Or am I now not psychological enough?

>If the fee remains at 69.00, I'll bid good-bye and Godspeed to PGP
>(after >10 years), and welcome GPG! I'd prefer to contribute the 69
>bucks (or whatever) to MacGPG.

GnuPG has other advantages, like not being windows-only and a decent
commandline.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html