OpenPG Smartcard and Sylpheed

Mario Fuerderer mario at codehack.org
Sat May 14 14:22:07 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

i just got my new smartcard reader and the OpenPGP Crypto Card (*1)
today. The installation went quite smooth as well as the
personalization of the smartcard itself. So crypting files using the
smartcard and GnuPG (version 1.4.1) works just as simple as going the
normal way with a locally stored encryption key. But unfortunately
sylpheed (version 1.9.10) don't seem to work with this new setup. It
just hangs up when i try to sent a crypted/signed mail. A `ps aux |
grep gpp` shows the following command, during the hang:

      gpg --no-sk-comment --status-fd 8 --no-tty --charset utf8 --
enable- progress-filter --command-fd 9 --sign --detach --armor --
textmode

Executing gpg manually with these switches gives me the following error:

      gpg: fatal: can't open fd 8 for status output: Bad file
descriptor secmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks of pool 0/0

I don't know if it's an issue of gpgme (1.0.2), gnupg or sylpheed...

Are there any other sylpheed users using the OpenPGP Crypto Card or do
have an idea about what could be wrong with my setup?

Thank you in advance!

	mario

*1) http://www.g10code.de/p-card.html

--