Specifing Folders for Secret and Public Key

Mark Kirchner mail at mark-kirchner.de
Mon May 23 10:32:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Monday, May 23, 2005, 8:39:41 AM, =k3Rn= wrote:
> I want to tell GnuPG where it should search my secret-keyring and where
> to search my public keyring.
> I am thinking about having my secret-keyring on an usb-stick mounted on
> let's say y:\, and my public keyring should be stored on my hard disk.

For that, I have something like this in my gpg.conf:

keyring c:\[...]\pubring.gpg
secret-keyring y:\[...]\secring.gpg
no-default-keyring

"no-default-keyring" tells gpg not to use any other keyrings than the
ones given by "keyring" and "secret-keyring".

Regards,
Mark Kirchner

Key (0x19DC86D3): http://www.mark-kirchner.de/keys/key-mk.asc