Separate Keyring and config for Script

Mark Kirchner mail at mark-kirchner.de
Mon May 23 19:22:39 CEST 2005

On Monday, May 23, 2005, 6:37:12 PM, =k3Rn= wrote:
>>> Is there any possibility to specify both (Keyring and config) via
>>> Command line ?
>>

>> Yes, these options do the trick:
>>
>> --options <filename> --keyring <filename> --secret-keyring
>> <filename> --no-default-keyring
>>
> Thanx a lot, i think think thats just what i was searching for!
> Where do i have to put that gpg.conf file (does it get created by gpg
> when using the command line options and if so where?)

As far as I know, it will be created (in the default home directory).
The default home directory "gnupg" will be created under the
"application data" directory of the user. Under WinXP (German version)
that will be something like

 c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\USERNAME\Anwendungsdaten\gnupg

> And what about the two other files random_seed and trusted.db - where
> should i store them

Wherever you like. The default (= home directory) seems to be a likely
choice.

> and how can i specify their path?

--trustdb-name <filename> for trustdb.gpg
--no-random-seed-file prevents generation of the random_seed file

I don't think that the random_seed file can be relocated, at least I
haven't found any option to do this in the man-page. And while I'm at
it: You could have looked all that stuff up there. *hint*

You'll find the Windows-version of the man-page file "gpg.man" in the
"docs" directory below the gpg installation directory (= NOT the home
directory).

Regards,
Mark Kirchner

Key (0x172C073C): http://www.mark-kirchner.de/keys/key-mk.asc