USB tokens instead of smartcards

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Wed Nov 9 21:34:34 CET 2005

Hi there,

do you recommend any USB token for use with GnuPG? I currently
consider to buy an OpenPGP smartcard but the thought to have a tiny
USB token instead of a big smartcard reader is appealing to me,
especially because they might share the same protocol. But I think
the question is more if there are supported ones because I found most
supporting PKCS thus requiring OpenSC et al.

I want to use it for secure GnuPG encryption, signing and SSH
authentication. RSA-1024 is still sufficiently secure, I guess?

Thanks in advance for any answer,
Philipp Kern