automating gnupg decryption

Sean Cerney sean_cerney at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:12:06 CET 2005

Hello All,

I am using gnupg to decrypt files that are imported to us daily.  These are
xml files.  I use GnuPG in a Windows environment.

i'm trying to find the right command line code to use to automate the
decryption of these files.

I can enter the following code:

gpg --output (pathname)\(desired output name) --decrypt (pathname)\*.xml.pgp

where *.xml.pgp is any decrypted xml file in my folder.

my question is:  can I automate gpg to assign a unique name to the OUTPUT
file (such as 11_05.xml, etc.) instead of manually entering a name each
time?

thanks for any help.