Problems with OpenPGP smart card

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 21 12:22:34 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:41:23 +0100, Karsten Strunk said:

> Is there anyone who had similar problems and could help me? Thanks very
> much!

Keep on trying .-) Sometimes you will be lucky and a key gets
generated.  The problem is in pcsclite - it obviously does not handle
long running operations (like key generation) correctly.  I have seen
the same thing with the Towitoko readers running under pcsclite.

For debugging you should use the gpg option --debug 2048.  pcscd also
has debugging options.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner