Using OpenPGP smartcards with Sylpheed/gpgme

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Tue Nov 22 22:07:25 CET 2005

Hello,

Bernhard Walle <bernhard.walle at gmx.de> [2005-11-21]:

> I'm using a OpenPGP smartcard. Whenever Sylpheed should ask for the
> password, it hangs. I found server threads about this, all ending with
> a request from Werner Koch to send him logfiles.
>
> Is there any solution? Of course, I can provide logfiles.

Works now with gpgme 1.0.3.

One problem remains: If I forget to insert the card before sending the
mail, the UI hangs. Should I blame gpgme for that or the mail client
(Sylpheed)? If latter, can you shortly describe how to fix it so that I
can forward this to the GPG plugin maintainer of Sylpheed Claws? Thanks!

Regards,
 Bernhard

--
Es gibt viel zu tun - schnell weg!