Windows Corp Implementations

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 4 10:47:58 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 01:46:37 -0700, Richard Sperry said:

> What I want to do is extend the AD schema possibly with ADAM to incorperate basic keyserver functionality.  Any clues, I know ldap
> is outdated but it will work well for AD admins.

IIRC, David Shaw already replied to this.

> Next I was wondering what it would take to make the gpgexch have the ability to do the following:

> Rich Text (so I can paste out of word and what not)

We will support HTML, AFAICS this should allow you to paste text from
Word to Outlook.

> Symmetric encryption for mailing lists

I have made a note to implement that. I don't think that this is
widely used.

> Auto key retreveal if it is not in the pub ring (from the perfered key server, perferably ldap)

For signatures this can already be done by setting an appropriate
option into gpg.conf.

For encryption (i.e. no recipient key available) I am proposing a
thing called PKA which as a side effect allows auto retrieval of
keys.  However this requires an widely deployed infrastructure
implemented in the DNS.  The future will show how this works out.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner