gpg2 vs. gpg and OpenPGP card

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang.rosenauer at an-netz.de
Mon Oct 10 09:31:51 CEST 2005

Werner Koch wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:38:11 +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer said:
>
>> But as using ssh-add -l with running gpg-agent can't find my key on the
>> card:
>> "The agent has no identities."
>
> There are a lot of reasons for this.  Did you install scdaemon?
> Doesit work?  You might want kill a running scdaemon and test this
> way:
>
>   $ scdaemon -v --server
>
> then enter
>
>   learn --force
>
> you should see lines with information on the card.  If it does not
> show anything, add --debug 2048 to the invocation and make sure that
> scdaemon.conf does not redirect the log file.

That works.

>> I've thought that this could have something to do with gpg2
>> --card-status failing.
>
> Use gpg --card-status.  Also try without the agent running.

gpg --card-status is not my problem. That works.

So I'm still not sure how to add the key from the card to the gpg-agent
by using ssh-add.

ssh-add -l reads from the card (according to the LED) but shows "The
agent has no identities" which is true since I haven't added a identity
at this point.
And ssh-add -s needs a reader-parameter. If this is the correct option
which value would be needed here?

Thanks,
 Wolfgang