Decryption doesn't work anymore

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Thu Oct 13 18:59:36 CEST 2005

Niels,

I have sent you directly an encrypted message, using the key you refer
to, in your message to the list.

I don't know what changes you may have done. But when I downloaded, a
few minutes ago, your key from the keyservers, it was identical to the
one that was already in my keyring. Therefore I suppose that you have
not uploaded your modified (if modified) keyblock to the keyservers.
Which means that you can always download that keyblock again.

The change I can see, from what you indicate in your message is that you
have deleted, in your keyring, the uid:
Niels Ringelmann (private email) <canuzzi at gmx.net> , where 'email' is
spelled with a lower case \e\, and set the uid:
Niels Ringelmann (Private Email) <canuzzi at gmx.net> , where 'Email' is
spelled with an upper case \E\.

I can't see how this change may have affected your ability to use the
secret key. Have you checked whether the secret key is in your secret
keyring? If it is not, can you replace it from your keyrings backup?

Charly