Encrypt from memory to disc?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Oct 18 09:47:18 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 09:55:57PM -0700, Steve Leibel wrote:
> I have an application where I have data in memory that needs to be
> encrypted without ever being written to disc, even temporarily.
>
> Using PGP I can run "pgp -feat" and then pipe the data to the pgp
> process. That works very well.
>
> I have to do the same thing for GPG, but I can't figure out how to
> send data to GPG directly from memory.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Pipe the data to "gpg -r recipient -e -o outfile.gpg"

The recipient may be specified as either a key ID or an e-mail address
(if it is unique in the public keyring).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.