PGP Zip with a single file?

Joe Lynch lynchbags at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:39:04 CEST 2005

I'm using GNUPG to decrypt files that were created as PGP Zip archives using
PGP Desktop.  If there are multiple files in the archive then GNUPG extracts
a TAR file, and I have no problem processing it from there.  The problem is
when there is only one file in the PGP Zip archive it can have a filename
completely different than the filename of the archive file, which would be
just fine if it were still stored in a TAR file, but when GNUPG decrypts the
archive it outputs the original file, not a TAR file.  PGP Desktop still
displays the original file name when you open the archive, is there any way
to get this file name using GNUPG?

Thanks,
Joe