Subkey revocation means losing signatures?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Oct 20 21:39:20 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:19:21AM +0200, Realos wrote:
> >>but it does not resolve the "this key is untrusted - use it
> >>anyway?" question unless people select the key using the empty UID.
> Did not get your point.
> My idea was: Having a signed free-form uid puts more trust in
> my key that revoked uid.

Sort of.  The problem is that there is not really such a thing as
trust to a key: it's trust to a user ID.  So people actually get
different trust values for each different user ID on their key.  A
free-form user ID can certainly be signed, and certainly carries
trust, but is not generally used by programs (which like email
addresses), so it doesn't really help you.

David