Encrypted file filename

Wes wespvp at syntegra.com
Wed Oct 26 22:55:22 CEST 2005

Sorry, I earlier posted this with an old thread in the subject.

PGP 9 stores the file name in the encrypted data.  You can take a file
xyz.pgp, decrypt it, and return it to the original "My Word Doc.DOC".  There
is nothing externally visible, either in a PGP Partitioned message, nor in a
hex dump of the PGP data, to indicate the original file name.

I don't see any way in GPG to read the original file name, or to write the
output to a file of the original name (or conversely to set the file name).
Is this possible?  I'm using GPG 1.4.1.

Wes