OpenPGP Card

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 2 17:45:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:45:53 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev said:

> environment...) It provides a generic API to access cryptographic
> tokens. Most smartcard vendors, including IBM, provide PKCS#11 library
> that communicates with their card.

Again: Feel free to provide one.  The only thing you need is libassuan
to connect to gpg-agent.  libassuan is even under LGPL so you can use
it with any kind of application - just put it into a shared library.

If something should be missing in gpg-agent to implement this, I will
help by adding the required facilities.  However, I don't have the
time to write a pkcs#11 library for gpg-agent/scdaemon for free.  If
this is that important for you and you don't want to do it yourself,
well ask me at my company address.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner